Friday, October 8, 2010

Holy late update Batman!!!

Well better late then never LOL.
Since Christmas quite a few things have gone on.
Alex graduated Kindergarten last June. He done so well, he recieved many awards. Such as getting E's all year, perfect attendance, citizenship,reading, etc. He started 1st grade in August. He's having a little trouble with his math and telling time. Other than that he's doing real good. He and his best friend, Gabriel are in the same class again this year. He was happy to see that. His teacher is Mrs. Tolbert. She's really nice and her husband is retired military. Which is awesome. I love his school. It is military friendly. They are willing to work with military families when it comes to leave and school breaks, moving, etc. I'm gonna having to transfer them to another school when the time comes for us to move.

Samantha started Pre-k this year. I can hardly believe that she's old enough for school already. She's doing really well. Only thing is she's the loud kid of the bunch LOL. Her best friend is Cheyenne. Sami has been missing her the past week b/c Cheyenne has been sick. She also has a boyfriend. His name is Ivan. Everyday after school she asks to go play at his house LOL. She's learning how to write her letters and numbers. She has learned how to write her name. When she writes it, she writes it on 2 lines LOL. Can't say that I blame her. She does have a long name LOL.


I am doing fine as well. I finally found out what has been going on with my body. It's nothing major. Because of my family history I have to have an ultrasound done every 6-12 months. I've noticed that some vitamins and exercise has really helped me out with that area. I've lost 10 pounds so far since I've started going to the gym with Leanne.

Deryn is doing great. He's getting ready to leave us for a few months here soon. So I've been mentally preparing myself and the kids for this deployment. Deryn hasn't gone on a deployment in 4 years. So yeah. LOL.

This past summer we took the kids to Disneyworld. We had a blast even though it was overly crowded and hot hot hot. Our friends, The Wards came down from Oklahoma and came with us. There was never a dull moment with me and Mandy together LOL. I think we drove the men nuts. Oh well. They survived LOL.

This year saw some loss. My grandmother Lois passed away in January. Then in February my cat Precious passed away. I've had her since I was 10. She wasn't doing well the last couple of years of her life. I'm glad she's in a better place. In August we lost another kitty, Skittles. This one was a blow to us. We didn't see it coming. He got sick after we came back from Disney. We took him to the vet and there wasn't anything we could do. This was so sudden, that I was crying for days. Poor D it drove him nuts. Skittles and Precious were the best cats I've owned. Well I've only owned 2 so yeah LOL.
We were blessed with a new addition a couple of weeks after Skittles' passing. We went to petco just to go see the cats they had. We weren't planning on adopting for a while. Well we walked in the door and there was Cheetah. He saw us walk in the door and he started to climb his crate wanting to get our attention. So was walked closer and he got down and went for the door LOL. So we asked the lady in charge of the adoption if we could see him. And he took to us right away. So we adopted him. More like he adopted us. LOL. I wasn't planning on adopting another cat. But I believe that the Lord had made me leave the house that day to meet Cheetah. I know its weird but its like Cheetah knew we were coming that day. Cheetah is a 4 months old brown tabby cat. He's cute as a button and smart as heck LOL. We've already got him trained not to scratch us and to come running when we shake his jar of treats. Even Blackie knows that sounds LoL. Cheetah loves to sleep on our pillows. If he wants the whole pillow he will push our heads off and take it over. He know when its time to get up in the morning also. He'll come bat us on the face or constantly meow in the morning till we get up.

Hopefully I'll get around to updating more often. I'll admit that things have been a little hectic since school started. But what can u expect with 2 kids that go to different schools at different times of the day? LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment